Has anyone read, "Music's All That Matters", by Paul Stump?

It's basically an examination of why Prog came to a sudden halt in the 70s, and tries to debunk the myths surrounding its spectacular fall. 

Stump is a very colorful writer, and interjects opinion, wild diversions, and very British, colloquial humor in every sentence! He's quite familiar with the British jazz and classical scene, along with the American jazz scene, and thank God is not writing from a Marxist stance like Duncan Heining, the author of, "Trad Dads, Dirty Boppers, and Free Fusioneers", which contained a lot of good info, but was marred by his Marxist analysis of every aspect of British jazz of the period, 1960-1975.

I'd love to hear some opinions of this book.

Oh, evil Pazuzu, only you would choose a Ramone as the Creator! i reside in the very Borough where Joey conspired to overthrow the righteous gods of Prog.

This book was written as a mission to restore those mighty gods of Prog to their place of former glory. Since it was written in 1997, it seems as though his mission was something of a failure... But yes, the index contains many references to your fellow demons of Punk, but I'm only on p.92, and the Punk Demons have yet to make their appearance.

I can see why even our valiant UK members haven't responded to this thread yet. Stump has the weirdest writing style I've ever come across. It's kind of a combination of academia and cockney that I've yet to encounter. He wrote a book on John McLaughlin that I don't think anyone's ever read, but his book on Roxy Music seems to have had some readership.