GA Russell

Right Groove Records

cover-4e75eb3a9246475594d4fbb04033dcce-f

N I C O L A S   B E A R D E :

I Remember You: The Music of Nat King Cole

image-0bd2b55a6b0243b784300dbd214efc88-f

image-72aaa61b1754425ab05d6c350bb4d388-f

DAN BILAWSKY - ALL ABOUT JAZZ

"From the opening title track over to the Eric Alexander-graced “That Sunday, That Summer and “Funny (Not Much) everything is fine and mellow. Completely avoiding kitschy Cole and seriously upbeat avenues, these tracks cement Bearde's place as an inheritor of Cole's cool...he soothes and seduces. Bearde is a soulful sensation".

C. MICHAEL BAILEY - ONE HUNDRED WORDS
"San Francisco-centered Bearde sports a sensual baritone voice well suited for his new project, devoted to the centenary of Nat King Cole’s birth.  The singer kills on the ballads.  “I Remember You” and “Sweet Lorraine” are master classes to the method.  He is equally capable on the upbeat “Thou Swell” and “Straighten Up and Fly Right,” Eric Alexander providing his tart tenor on the former, while bassist Alex Boneham rules the latter.  Josh Nelson and Peter Horvath split piano duties, achieving a solid simpatico well seasoned".

DICK METCALF - CONTEMPORARY FUSION
"Silky smooth jazz vocals...superb tribute to 'the King'

ALIX COHEN - CABARET SCENES
“Bearde's voice is savory and warm, with occasional sand ...easy going, sympathetic and thoughtful, and his jazz inflection is respectful of the melodies. He breathes lyrics.”

BILL BUCKLEY - SOULand JAZZand FUNK - (United Kingdom)
"It's Bearde's elegant baritone....his warm and caramel-infused vocals that offer fresh perspectives without losing any of the  inherent romance and heartbreak of the Cole versions"

I REMEMBER YOU: The Music of Nat King Cole is Nicolas Bearde’s newest CD and the 6th release on the Right Groove Records label. Produced and arranged by Josh Nelson (long-time pianist for the late Natalie Cole), this release celebrates Nat’s 100th birthday. Though the ten songs on this project are associated with Cole, Nelson’s fresh arrangements and Beardes’ rich, warm voice and supple phrasing offer new takes on these timeless songs.

Being a big fan of tenor saxophonist Eric Alexander’s phrasing and tone, Bearde brought him out from New York as his special guest for this project.  Alexander is featured on That Sunday, That Summer, Funny (Not Much), and Thou Swell.

Bearde is a master storyteller. There is a certain elegance to Bearde’s singing that makes the songs on I REMEMBER YOU: The Music of Nat King Cole , with their updated, hip arrangements, as fresh and evocative as when they were originally  performed.

image-17f6dec6395f4aebbb50d64ff8d19854-f

WWW.NICOLASBEARDE.COM

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.plaympe.com%2Fimag  ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.plaympe.com%2Fimag  ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.plaympe.com%2Fimag  ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.plaympe.com%2Fimag

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to share the good news... my latest CD, " I Remember You: the Music of Nat King Cole" is still riding high on the Jazz Week Charts since it's release on August 30, and has garnered rave reviews by jazz critics on both sides of the ocean.

“Powerful and engaging vocalist Nicolas Bearde releases
“I Remember You: The Music of Nat King Cole... a superb tribute to “the King”

“A master class in straight ahead jazz vocals”... an inheritor of Cole’s cool.

We celebrated this release in London at PizzaExpress Live and at the Pula Jazz Festival in Croatia in August, The Merc in Temecula and at Herb Alpert's Vibrato Grill Jazz in So. California in September, and Yoshi's OaklandKuumbwa Jazz in Santa Cruz, and in Ft. Bragg at The Sequoia Room at North Coast Brewing Co. Taproom, Restaurant & Bar in October. The album can be purchased from all brick and mortar stores nationwide and on all digital platforms, i.e. itunes, amazon, cdbaby, spotify, etc.

The amazing musicians on this project include: Josh NelsonEric AlexanderAlex BonehamLorca HartDan SchnellePeter Horvath, Dan Feiszli and Jason Lewis.

We love all of you, and thank you for your support!!!