Lorez Alexandria "For Swingers Only"...

LarryCurleyMoe

For all you Lorez fans - The Bastardstm have just reissued the lovely "For Swingers Only" on their own label. I remember this recording from my past and it sounds just as wonderful today. IMO "Baltimore Oriole" is superb. Pick this one up if you love Lorez!

BTW - I did email D.G. and ask them to reissue "Yusef at Cranbrook" since they're on an "Argo roll!"

Edit= Interesting to note - this is a "Universal Music Special Markets" product. "All tracks courtesy of Geffen Records!!!"

Edited by LarryCurleyMoe

For all you Lorez fans - The Bastardstm have just reissued the lovely "For Swingers Only" on their own label. I remember this recording from my past and it sounds just as wonderful today. IMO "Baltimore Oriole" is superb. Pick this one up if you love Lorez!

BTW - I did email D.G. and ask them to reissue "Yusef at Cranbrook" since they're on an "Argo roll!"

That's interesting, because there is an Argo I have never located and cannot completely confirm that it was actually released - Richard Evans Trio, Home Cookin' - Argo 675. I actually spoke briefly with Evans after Eddie Higgins put me in touch with him. He couldn't be sure but seemed to recall a photo shoot outside a Chicago soul food joint, which makes me think the album does exist. Unfortunately he didn't have a copy anymore, if it did.

I've never even known who was on piano for it - there might be interest though if Jack Wilson reprised his role from the first LP, Richard's Almanac.