Bill Coleman/Jef Gilson

brownie

'Bill Coleman - Swing Low, Sweet Chariot', one of those rare albums from the French label Palm is being reissued on CD by the current owner of Palm Records.

Bill Coleman is accompanied by the Jef Gilson big band on this one.

The new owner works out of a tiny village in the northern mountains of the island of Corsica.

The publishing firm goes by the name of Cismonte & Pumonti.

This one:

http://www.corse.culture.gouv.fr/annuaire_...urs.htm#nucariu

The man also edits books on Corsican culture. He does not speak english, does not have internet and seems pretty happy about it!

The Bill Coleman CD sells for euros 17, including postage thru the EU.

No idea how much he would charge outside the EU. And remember he does not speak any english!

He recently reissued the Jef Gilson & Malagasy album 'Zao' and plans to reissue some more material from the Palm label (Byard Lancaster, Frank Lowe, Francois Tusques, David Ware, Khan Jamal and others recorded for the label). One at a time at at his own pace...

I want this, but I forsee problems getting it. :huh:

Not sure if (and when) this is going to be sold thru stores. The man runs a very isolated and small business. He is obviously not prepared to handle numerous requests.

If the reissue is not sold through large stores any time soon, I may help you getting this!

Unless you really NEED that one bad and in a real hurry...

I want this, but I forsee problems getting it. :huh:

Not sure if (and when) this is going to be sold thru stores. The man runs a very isolated and small business. He is obviously not prepared to handle numerous requests.

If the reissue is not sold through large stores any time soon, I may help you getting this!

Unless you really NEED that one bad and in a real hurry...

Thanks Brownie. That is a kind offer, and I may take you up on it. Let's see what happens.