Jazz Loft sale

Van Basten II

Are all or most of the various Hat offerings avant-garde and free jazz type stuff or are there some more mainstream things sprinkled in there?

I think the Melford trio discs I mentioned above are fairly mainstream (moreso than most of her work I'll admit), as are the Anthony Ortega discs. If you like sax/piano duos, the Liebman/Copland 2-fer is quite accessible as well.

Guest Bill Barton

Are all or most of the various Hat offerings avant-garde and free jazz type stuff or are there some more mainstream things sprinkled in there?

I think the Melford trio discs I mentioned above are fairly mainstream (moreso than most of her work I'll admit), as are the Anthony Ortega discs. If you like sax/piano duos, the Liebman/Copland 2-fer is quite accessible as well.

The Liebman/Copland is beautiful.

I have to resist forking over more $ to Jazz Loft (at least this time around). It's a difficult choice! These sales are way too tempting...

I took a first plunge on Hat items at a previous sale. Thus far, I've only dug into the Ortega Scattered Clouds date and agree that it is fairly mainstream, and quite enjoyable!