Pure Jerry

jazzbo

Yes, I'm still collecting select Dick's Picks! I figured you would be into this series Jeff. . . .

Bruce, they ran it last week during some two hour repeat of Friends repeats. . . ugh. They stuck it in between a few Friends episodes; I taped the whole mess and then fastforwarded to this. I believe that a similar bit is now available at americanexpress.com

I had a great deal of fun going to Jerry Garcia band shows -- smaller venues (clubs sometimes), longer evenings. For years everybody had the Warner Theatre tape from '77, it had the hot Harder They Come and more, this new '77 release will be good to get. Supposedly the '77 downloadable show from Waterbury CT is hot as well. I am hopeful of release of a well-recorded Eleanor Rigby jam book-ending After Midnight. That medley was over the top, they did it about ten times in early 1980.

I dig Mystery Train. Should be a good one!

My favorite single live recording of the Jerry Band is that amazing "Shining Star" from Hampton VA 1993. Have you heard this Lon?

Jerry Garcia - guitar, vocals

John Kahn - bass

Melvin Seals - keyboards

David Kemper - drums

Jaclyn LaBranch - backing vocals

Gloria Jones - backing vocals