Marty Ehrlich & Anthony Cox: Falling Man

B. Goren.

I think Marty Ehrlich is a great musician. First time when I listened to him was when I listened to Myra Melford recordings and later on when I listened to Andrew Hill's "Dusk". I general, I have a special and unexplained weakness to multi reed players: Joe Farrell, Buddy Collette, Paul Horn, Dolphy, RRK (the greatest of all) and some others. IMHO, Mr. Erlich can stand in the same line with all the musicians I mentioned. I saw that there was a discussion here a few months ago about his last release for Enja- The Long View. I must be honest and tell you I don’t like it. But a few weeks ago I bought his duo recording with Anthony Cox: Falling Man. In this session Erlich blows the tenor, alto, soprano, flute & alto flute. This is a great session especially if you like the duo format (I do). Of course Anthony Cox sounds great also and contributes his part to the success. This CD is oop for a long time but if you have the opportunity to put your hands on it, don’t hesitate. Since the AMG rating, 3 stars, is definitely not enough, I have to add two of my own.

Falling Man

Edited by B. Goren.