The Matrix Reloaded

Guest Mnytime

Guest Mnytime

I just finished watching a screening. Don't want to give anything away or really discuss anything now. Though I will say I liked this much better than the new X-Men, but at times it was slow. A bit too much time was spent in Zion with a whole lot of talking with nothing really of importance being said. It was mostly a way to introduce more people.

I did want to tell anyone that sees it to wait for a trailer for Part 3 that comes after the credits.

Speaking of the credits, it seem like most of Australia and a good portion of those in Hollywood worked on this film. :D

I don't think I have seen so many names during credits in any other film that I can recall. They play 4 or 5 songs off the soundtrack in the time it took for the credits to finish.

I saw "Reloaded" today and it was better than I expected. I'm not into movies with too many special effects, but I guess there was enough action to keep me interested. Mnytime, thanks for the tip on staying through the end of the credits (I usually don't sit through them). A painful experience, to be sure, but it was worth it to see the trailer for "Revolutions." I'm definitely intrigued. To those of you who saw the first "Matrix," I highly recommend seeing the second one. The Zion parts are boring, but there's a lot of good action in the rest of the movie.

For me, watching this movie was (for the most part) like watching someone else play a video game (with an exceptionally cheesy soundtrack). The first movie was a somewhat interesting idea that opened the door to a lot of (at the time) novel fight scenes, but the concept was first and the fight scenes were just a by-product. In Reloaded, the fight scenes take center stage and the concept seems nearly forgotten for much of the movie.

That being said, the one major plot twist was very inventive and unexpected.

Guest Mnytime

That being said, the one major plot twist was very inventive and unexpected.

Are you talking about what Neo is told towards the end when he is in the main frame?

Here is a question maybe you can answer. He was told by the French guy/program the same thing 2 or 3 times but it didn't register at all with Neo. Than when he is told it later in the main frame he acts like its the first time he has heard it and is in complete surprise over it.

Hard to really discuss this twist in anymore detail without ruining it for others. I hope my question makes sense to you.

Edited by Mnytime

Guest Mnytime

Yes, in particular the revelation re: the oracle.

Don't want to ruin it for others but I was not surprised about the Oracle. Can't say why or what I was not surprised. Might have to move this to PM's. :D

• 1 month later...

Just saw this tonight. I didn't read this thread though and didn't stay for the trailer at the end. DOH!

I liked it. I agree the Zion parts were dippy. That French guy was hilarious. Does he come back in the third?

I thought all the fight scenes were cool with the exception of the one with the millions of Agent Smiths after Neo talks to The Oracle. It started out cool, but then it just got totally ridiculous and cartoony. Other than that, the scene in the French guy's place was sweet, the freeway scene was awesome and Trinity kicks some major butt.

Who was the actor that played the architect of the matrix? That guy was fantastic! What a great voice!

Looking forward to the third one...

I enjoyed this movie, even the scenes in Zion. It showed that the people of Zion still retain much of their humanity, despite the machines that are trying to kill them nonstop, that they can take a break from constant duty and try to enjoy themselves. They have kinda crummy taste in music though, that techno-house crap is poo-poo. ;P

I liked the Merovingian alot too, he's hilarious. Also the Twins were badass, they will be back in the third film. All and all the last 40 minutes of the film were the best.