Gerry Mulligan Mosaic Select "SongBook"?

Jazzmatazz , I think , listed what would be there, but the entry that is there now is not so specific.

I also believe this has been discussed somewhere on this board.

There was only one Gerry Mulligan Songbook.. whether the intent was there to do more, or the " VOL 1" was a bit of Mulligan humor, seems to be debatable, I've seen both comments as to the title of the album.

The Mosaic is said to have the Mulligan " with strings" recordings for the first time. This is a small group, one violin, one cello ( guitar and bass if you want the full string count). These tracks , at least four of them appeared on the Pacific Jazz CD " The Gerry Mulligan Songbook" issued in '95.

The discographies don't list any more tracks.. doesn't mean that none exist.

I suspect that the rest of the set might be other "rare" Mulligan PJ recordings like Phil Sunkel's Jazz Concerto Grosso.. which will be nice to have on CD

Edited by P.D.

Probably, I just pulled it up from memory.. I have the album somewhere...

Tom Lord lists four more tracks from the " strings" date. Other possible Mulligan's from this time period would be the PJ " Reunion" album with Chet Baker and the Annie Ross album, both of which have been issued on CD.

Edited by P.D.