Suggestion: reissue series lists etc.

neveronfriday

Hi,

again and again I find myself searching the forums for all those wonderful reissue lists (the complete Jazz in Paris, for example, although that one is easy enough to find), discographical lists, Mosaic booklet links, etc. I just think that sometimes all this extremely useful info gets buried somewhat.

I would like to suggest either a new forum entirely in which only those things are posted, sans comments (just lists, lists, lists, which are updated by the person who initially posted the topic [much like the BFT master list]), or at least one long-a** thread.

Personally, I would prefer a separate forum divided by label, etc.

What do you think? A good idea, or is the search function good enough for you?

Cheers!

Claude Posted on Sep 6 2004, 01:17 PM

The easiest solution would be to have a "sticky" thread at the top of the Reissues forum containing links to such threads.

This thread (or single post) would have to be maintained by one or several users and would not be used for discussion (closed thread). 

:tup:excited:

This is a great idea !

While I can sympathize with the problem of trying to locate information buried in threads, I would have to say that I don't think it's practical to try to create a new forum, etc. Trying to limit threads to lists (only) would not work IMO, because people will always post what they want to post where they want to post it.

Also, I think part of the fun, and part of the usefulness of a place like this is that you can post a specific discographical (or reissue-related) question, and people will either steer you to a thread they're already aware of; or post the information you're looking for (whether from the internet, or from their own databases). I make a point of keeping an eye open for these questions, because I have saved a lot of artist/label discography websites, and I happen to have a database file which is easy to draw from (simple copy and paste). I enjoy putting it to good use.

So, IMO, let's leave things as they are, and continue to help each other out. If somebody devises a plan to implement your idea, and it works, that would be fine too. B-)