Ben Allison in Chicago!

sal

Ben Allison is in Chicago this weekend, he's playing a free show on Thursday night at the Chicago Cultural Center, and is playing with Medicine Wheel on Friday and Saturday nights at the Green Mill. I'm back from a business trip late Friday night, so I'm gonna try to make Saturday's show. Never seen this group, but have wanted to ever since discovering their music last year.

If anyone is interested in going and wants to meet up, drop me a PM!

Sal;

I will be in town on business and plan on attending the Thursday night free show at the Chicago Cultural Center. Given that this is a no-charge offering from a fairly big-name act, any recommendation on how long before the show I will need to arrive in order to insure decent seats?

LWayne :mellow:

LWayne, I've been to the Cultural Center one time to see a free show, but I believe that Ben Allison is playing on a different stage than the one I was at, so I'm unsure about the size of the venue. However, regardless of the size of the venue, I would plan on getting there at least an hour before showtime to guarentee a good seat. It will surely be crowded, being a Thursday night and all.