LF: Safari With Sabu

Pete B

^_^ Hi pete sorry sold my copy years ago. But as you like sabu, let me tell you an interesting story.i once owned an original Jazz Espagnole on black Alegre only 500 ever pressed. This is the holy grail of Afro-cuban jazz, paid £200 for it from a friend who bought in Japan in early 70's.Since sold it back there as it was alittle scratched, have unplayed jap copy and cd now. What a awesome lp, lives up to its reputation, if you havent got it yet, you can get one for $9 from Wdc radio in philidelphia, on line, ther always on eBay., use that link. Would get £1500 for a mint one maybe more, always willing to talk about jazz , latin whatever, paul tjader, uk london. The re-issue ones from us are not up to japanese standards, they were £30 ten years ago.

Thanks. I'm looking for "Safari" specifically to try to complete my Oscar Pettiford collection. It is one of the most difficult to find titles on which he appears. In fact, probably only the legendary Delta 78 of "Dont Blame Me" and "Dedicated to J.B." is more difficult, and if anyone has copies of that PLEASE

contact me!