Static electricity and my TT

clandy44

I have a carpet in my study where my turntable is located. Often when I touch the arm, I hear and feel some static electricity. Any suggestions other than buying a humidifier? Incidentally, the TT has no ground wire which (in my total lack of electrical knowledge) might be the solution...or maybe not.

Jim, not concerned with harming the components although I do not care for the sound of the discharge through my speakers. MGraham, I do that for other things, thanks for reminding me (D'Oh!). Of course, I was hoping for some simple but elegant solution....

Wolff-not much, except for one night recently when they stuck to the felt every time I lifted a record off the platter. Otherwise, sound and play great and no apparent static-I have begun touching nearby metal before touching the arm and it has pretty much solved the problem.

mgraham- a lot of dodgy characters here, be careful and protect your intellectual property. So, I was on a plane today doing a crossword and the clue was capital on the Red River. Tulsa? Too lazy to look it up and have been to t-town, but can't recall a river....