Any good online deals for blank discs out there?

I live in the land of Ritek. I just bought a spindle of 50 for the equivalent of about $9.20. So, if your talking about a 100-disc spindle, $17 looks like a good deal. (In Taiwan we normally pay a premium of 20% for things that are manufactured here. Makes no sense, but that's the way it is.)

I've burned over a thousand Riteks (under various brand names) and never had a bad one. They all still play well, and ripping from them hasn't been a problem, although extraction can be a little slow on the oldest ones (five or six years old, I think). One reason I like them is that every machine I've put them in will read them, which is not the case with some of the pricier discs.

That said, I should acknowledge that I've been buying my blanks from the same hole-in-the-wall vendor for many years. They seem to know all the manufacturers and factory numbers, can identify a good lot from a bad one, and pretty much guarantee what they sell -- if I were ever to get a bum disc, I know they'd replace it. This is rather different from buying from a huge chain operation in the U.S. that might have gotten a deal on 'irregulars.' Still, though, it might be worth a try.