Internet Archive : Live Music Archive

Guest Chaney

Non-jazz I really love: The Fugazi shows, the Bardo Pond sets, Godspeed You Black Emperor, the Mermen, the Dirtbombs and Explosions in the Sky. My wife is a big fan of the Jason Mraz shows. I need to check out the Minutemen and Butthole Surfers shows one of these days.

There is also some good jazz, especially the Yo Miles shows (one show with ROVA), the Karl Denson and Charlie Hunter, too.

Definitely the Mermen, as John B mentioned, and also The Shi-Tones (which is also The Mermen, actually)

There's also The Mekons (and also Jon Langford), Melvin Sparks Band, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Cracker, Cowboy Junkies, Mogwai, Little Feat.......and a bunch of Grateful Dead and associated groups. (that's what I could see from a quick scan)

Yep!

The Fugazi and Minutemen shows are excellent... but let me put a plug in for fIREHOSE. They have two shows here, and the San Pedro one is GREAT (although Ed sometimes goes off mike).

You a fan of fIREHOSE, John?

Cheers,

Shane

I've never actually heard Fireshose, somehow. I'm a fan of the Minutemen and have seen Watt in concert, but missed Firehose. I'll check out one of their shows.

I forgot about Mogwai, too. There are some fantastic shows of theirs, too. Any show with a crisp recording of "Mogwai Fear Satan" or "My Father My King" always makes me happy.

• 4 months later...