Jazz Record/CD stores in NYC

Bluerein

If you're planning to go to the Museum of Natural History on the west side, you might want to stop by NYCD at 173 West 81st Street (between Amsterdam & Columbus). Not a huge store, but I usually manage to find a few items in their used jazz section. Here's a link: NYCD. Afterward, go over to Brother Jimmy's if you like BBQ (and cute waitresses). Here's another link: Brother Jimmy's. Have fun in the City!

Jeez, with all this talk you guys have Reinier all 'worried' that Frank Serpico and a well armed strike force are gonna assault the place and take some folks down while he's perusing the Phil Woods mini-lps.  :D 

They did bust Kims recently and it's just around the corner.

http://villagevoice.com/music/0525,sylvester,65083,22.html

They did bust Kims recently and it's just around the corner.

http://villagevoice.com/music/0525,sylvester,65083,22.html

That's right, I read about that. The amazing thing to me was that they took in the 19 year old girl that worked there. I'm a dude, but I was 19 when I worked at Norman's... I tried my hardest to avoid the illegal stuff going on while I worked there, but I needed the money bad, and had a lot of trouble finding other jobs in the city. I would have been more than a little pissed if I had gone down for some of the stuff they were doing there.

Well damn!  Now I'm getting all excited  :excited: about this place.  Okay, so they're selling some Mosaics with sawcuts...what else?  Trading bootlegs? Running numbers?  There a meth lab in the back???

Yes, no, and not a meth lab, but you're on the right track.

In any case, all that stuff was like 5 or 6 years ago, so maybe they've cleaned up their act since then.