Gold Coast Jazz Society 2005-6 Season

Mark down your calendars now, fellow South Florida residents:

April 12, 2006, its Benny Golson and the Eddie Higgins Trio!

Can't say anything else on the schedule grabs me very strongly - the only well known talent would be Tierney Sutton on November 9 and the Woody Herman ghost band on January 11, but this finale to the season has got me tingling with anticipation!

Definitely hope to see Evan and Marty there, and maybe David Gartner too?

:party:

Mark down your calendars now, fellow South Florida residents:

April 12, 2006, its Benny Golson and the Eddie Higgins Trio!

Can't say anything else on the schedule grabs me very strongly - the only well known talent would be Tierney Sutton on November 9 and the Woody Herman ghost band on January 11, but this finale to the season has got me tingling with anticipation!

Definitely hope to see Evan and Marty there, and maybe David Gartner too?

:party:

Yeah, it's a bit way off, but I certainly hope to make it. Coincidentally, I was just now listening to one of the "vines" I recently copped, that of Golson in Eisenwerk Frauenfeld, Switzerland in Oct 2000. Just marvelous! I for one really prefer his later sound to that heard in the '60s Jazztet.

• 2 weeks later...

Little too early to know if I'll be free but I'd certainly love to catch Golson.  Where do they hold their shows?

At the Amaturo theater next to the Broward Center for the performing arts. Very nice location, and here's a little secret: the room is small enough that you don't need to pay extra for the seats in the main section, which are kinda on the small side as far as leg room goes. At the top of the room, the C Section is a single row of seats, and they aren't theater-style seats, they're arm chairs, with a little counter in front of you. SO MUCH more comfortable, the room is so small you don't complain at all about the view, and they're the cheapest seats available!

Little too early to know if I'll be free but I'd certainly love to catch Golson.  Where do they hold their shows?

At the Amaturo theater next to the Broward Center for the performing arts. Very nice location, and here's a little secret: the room is small enough that you don't need to pay extra for the seats in the main section, which are kinda on the small side as far as leg room goes. At the top of the room, the C Section is a single row of seats, and they aren't theater-style seats, they're arm chairs, with a little counter in front of you. SO MUCH more comfortable, the room is so small you don't complain at all about the view, and they're the cheapest seats available!

Thanks for the tip. Glad it's Ft. L as opposed to Miami. Hope to make it.