Sports: Prep Football is underway!

wolff

I'll be keeping a close eye on my old high school's progress this year.

Poly(Long Beach, CA) ended up 13-l last year. They were ranked nationally: number 20 by Maxpreps, 10 by USA Today and 18 by Prepnation. Their only loss was to the school that ended up number one in a few polls.

Expectations are high for this year. 9 starters return on defense and 6 on offense.

Current national rank: USA Today has them number 3 and Prepnation has them number 7.

On Sept. 16th Poly will be here in Seattle(Qwest Field-home of the NFL Seahawks)) to play Bellevue HS(WA) who has won 4 state titles in a row and ended De La Salle's(CA) 151 game steak last year. A book was written about the game between Poly and De La Salle a few years ago. The Bellevue boosters paid around 40K to cover Poly's expenses. Thank you boosters!! :)

As far as prep football goes, this game is huge and I'm pumped!! Maybe, I'll run into one of Poly's biggest fans, Snoop Dogg. He is an alum and his son is a future QB.

Edited by wolff