Free Jazz VHS tapes

skeith

I have over the years made a bunch of VHS tapes which I recently converted to DVD.

I was ready to chuck these in the garbage, but I thought someone might be interested and I am willing to give these away, but don't want to pay the postage.

Here's what I have on about 7-9 VHS tapes of about 6 hours each:

Miles Davis gets Lifetime award and performs on Grammy Awards-early 90s

Miles Davis interview on 60 Minutes by Harry Reasoner

Miles Davis on that Show hosted by David Sanborn performing live

Miles Davis: A Tribute (shown on PBS includes nice history and then ! hour of his performance at Montreux

where he redid his Gil Evans stuff with Quincy Jones)

Jazz at Lincoln Center (2 hour 1994 live performance from PBS with Joe Henderson, Gerry Mulligan, Billy Higgins, Charles McPherson, Phil Woods, Art Farmer, and others)

Carnegie Hall Salutes the Jazz Masters (1and 1/2 hour 1994 live concert from PBS with Herbie Hancock, Joe Henderson, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Pat Metheny, Kenny Burrell, Betty Carter, Abbey Lincoln, John McLaughlin, Charlie Haden, Jackie McLean, Jimmy Smith, JJ Johnson- one of the best Jazz concerts ever)

Art Blakey: the Jazz Messenger (1987 London concert film with Blakey and great line up)

Billy Taylor CBS Sunday Morning : segments running from 1989 to mid 90s

Bobby Watson, Leonard Feather, Jackie McLean, Milt Jackson, Sarah Vaughan, Chick Corea, Art Blakey, Joe Henderson, Max Roach, Abbey Lincoln, the Village Vanguard Birthday party

Robert Altman's Jazz 1934

Herman Leonard - Frame After Frame: The Images of Herman Leonard

Celebrating Bird

Satchmo

Duke Ellington: Reminiscing in Tempo ( a great bio of Duke)

Blue NOte - A Story of Modern Jazz

Jazz- Ken Burns

much more

some of these tapes show their age, and occasional I started taping a few seconds into show, but most are in good shape.

Free to a good home or off to the landfill she goes, but I need help on the freight