Any news on Ornette Coleman's Carnegie recording?

Bol

• 2 months later...

Destination Out has three cuts of it here.

Pretty nice sound, too!

It's pretty good for a boot, but I think a lot of cats would be pissed to find out that this was the real sound (especially considering how little we've heard from Ornette for a while)...

Yeah, better sound than that boot from '68. It sounds like they had no bass players on that date... :mellow:

Destination Out has three cuts of it here.

Pretty nice sound, too!

It's pretty good for a boot, but I think a lot of cats would be pissed to find out that this was the real sound (especially considering how little we've heard from Ornette for a while)...

Hi. As one of the folks behind Destination: Out, I just wanted to underline the comment above about the new Coleman disc coming next month: it's not a recording of this year's Carnegie Hall concert (nor of '04's Carnegie gig, which was floated a while ago). It is, as mentioned, a recording from a concert in Germany from late '05. Presumably a very fine recording. All you could want to know -- and more -- can be found here. Check espeically the great OC portraits at the bottom of the page.

A bit more is here.

Thanks.