All About Jazz - Forums

BeBop

Buddha said: "I got the email from AAJ last week.  Someone asked about the IP address.  The one I received, the IP address was 89.105.194.87.  IP Address Locator website provides the following information"
Hi Buddha, sorry the quote won't work properly. Thanks. So, you can't get in at the moment?

I got the email from AAJ last week.  Someone asked about the IP address.  The one I received, the IP address was 89.105.194.87.  IP Address Locator website provides the following information:

IP Address89.105.194.87
Locationnl.png Netherlands, Gelderland, Doetinchem
Latitude & Longitude51.965000, 6.288890 (51°57'54"N   6°17'20"E)
ISPTor Network
Local Time10 Aug, 2015 06:46 PM (UTC +02:00)
Domainas24875.net
Net Speed(COMP) Company/T1
IDD & Area Code(31) 0314
ZIP Code7009
Weather StationArnhem/Dieren (NLXX0028)
Mobile Country Code (MCC)-
Mobile Network Code (MNC)-
Carrier Name-
Elevation17m
Usage Type(COM) Commercial
Anonymous ProxyYes
Shortcuthttp://www.ip2location.com/89.105.194.87

It's an advertisement from CleanPort.  It's an internet security provider (for the business and ISP). Ofcourse it's spam by itself....!!!

Edited by Cyril

No, Page, I definitely can get in.  The email message said 

Someone has tried to log into your account on All About Jazz Forum with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

I assume the block lasted only the 15 minutes, as the email stated.

That's all I know about the email some people appear to have received.

A second issue is that the admins report they are getting deluged with spammer signups and are blocking certain ISPs.  If you're a member who's been blocked by error, the Admins say to contact Tenorman or Peter CS at

http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/showgroups.php
Please contact either me and or Peter CS. Please don't contact other names on the list, it will only get sent to me and will delay your query

l p, that's brilliant!  What a great solution!  There are far too many websites dedicated to the kind of music we purport to enjoy.  With jazz being such a wildly popular art form, why would the world need yet another place where fans can congregate and learn about jazz from each other?  Burn it down, plow it under, and sow the earth with salt.