KKJZ - New Presenters.

garthsj

I wonder if any of you listen to KKJZ regularly .. I do through the miracle of the internet. I see that they now have a new lineup of presenters, some of whom should take basic grammar and pronunciation lessons, but then maybe I am just being an old fogey, and in this age of "do your own thing" my standards of literacy are no longer valid. Do any of you have any opinions about this ... ?

I wonder if any of you listen to KKJZ regularly .. I do through the miracle of the internet. I see that they now have a new lineup of presenters, some of whom should take basic grammar and pronunciation lessons, but then maybe I am just being an old fogey, and in this age of "do your own thing" my standards of literacy are no longer valid. Do any of you have any opinions about this ... ?

I am answering my own post here .. I just found out that a new organization took over the station as of 12:00 a.m. Saturday morning .. so now I know why their entire presentation is so lousy!

Edited by garthsj

...and it's the second KKJZ thread--the first one, which ran to hundreds of pages, was terminated by one of the board moderators.

Pg. 98 is where discussion of the "new" KKJZ pretty much begins.

It was the fourth thread on KKJZ. With well over 125,000 views on all. I started the discussion a few years ago.

Not that the station was thrilling before. But I changed my alarm clock to KXLU yesterday because it was so boring.

They canned my favorite show several months ago, Friday night 11 pm - 1 am, Havana-Kingston Connection - reggae, Latin jazz, Afro-cuban, dub and more.