LF: several Henry Red Allen discs

• 6 months later...

I'd also be very grateful if someone could help me with some of his later albums, to my knowledge never reissued on CD (except for those two Kid Ory co-leaded albums included in Ory's Verve Mosaic) :

-Red Allen Plays King Oliver (Verve 1025) (recorded 1960)

-Red Allen Meets Kid Ory (Verve MGVS 6076) (recorded 1960) -yes, I know it's on the Kid Ory Verve Mosaic-

-We've Got Rhythm (Verve MGVS 6121) (recorded 1960) -same here-

-Henry Red Allen Quartet Live (Fanfare 24-124) (recorded 1961)

-Mr. Allen (Prestige/Swingville 2034) (recorded 1962)

-Rare Red Allen Trio Performances (FluteGroove 6) (recorded 1962&63)

-Feeling Good (Columbia CS-9247) (recorded 1965)

I'd also be very grateful if someone could help me with some of his later albums, to my knowledge never reissued on CD (except for those two Kid Ory co-leaded albums included in Ory's Verve Mosaic) :

This was reissued on a 1996 Verve "threefer" called Swing Trumpet Kings

3146JTY9WTL._AA240_.jpg

This double CD may look like a compilation, but actually contains three complete Verve albums, in addition to the Allen also Harry Edison Swings Buck Clayton And Vice Versa (Verve MGV 8293) from 1958 and Roy Eldridge's Swing Goes Dixie (Verve MGV 1010) from 1956.

And this was included on the twofer CD The Hot Trumpets Of Joe Newman & Henry "Red" Allen, which also includes Joe Newman's Joe's Hap'nin's (Swingville SVLP 2027) from 1961.

4180HZTSVEL._AA240_.jpg

Both CD sets are OOP now, but should not be impossible to find.

"Mr. Allen" seems to be part of the Prestige compilation "The Hot Trumpets Of Joe Newman & Henry 'Red' Allen", available on cd. Amazon.com lists four dealers with new copies in stock.

3146JTY9WTL._AA240_.jpg

This double CD may look like a compilation, but actually contains three complete Verve albums, in addition to the Allen also Harry Edison Swings Buck Clayton And Vice Versa (Verve MGV 8293) from 1958 and Roy Eldridge's Swing Goes Dixie (Verve MGV 1010) from 1956.

Je, je, je... just found (and bought!) a NEW copy at amazon.co.uk marketplace for the very reasonable price of GBP 15... thanks again, SwSu!

3146JTY9WTL._AA240_.jpg

I came across this one several times but never took a closer look, dismissing it as a compilation. Of the three Verve albums compiled here, I know the Harry Edison/Buck Clayton, an excellent session (I have it on vinyl). What is your comment on the other two?