New men's underwear protects from harmful cell phone rays

alocispepraluger102

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/20/isabody...e-radiation/New men's underwear protects from harmful cell phone rays

le_slip_suisse_qui_protege_le_sperme_lmo_article_230.jpg Swiss clothing manufacturer Isabodywear is launching a special line of men's underwear that claims to protect "men's sperm from harmful cell phone radiation".

The briefs are made with threads of silver which the company claims blocks cell phone rays and reception. The inventor, Andreas Sallmann, explains that when you put a cell phone inside your briefs, then dial your number from another phone, you probably won't even get a signal.

4000 black (only) briefs have been made so far and 500 will be been given away for test purposes, by simply sending the company an email.

[via Swiss daily paper Le Matin (In French)]

Other protective clothing concepts:

-- A New York based store sells dress shirts and caps designed to protect people from electromagnetic fields -- or radiation -- given off by cell phones and electronic devices.

-- Singapore-based garment manufacturer Crocodile International launched smart pants or "Radiguard' specialty trousers" for cell-phone buffs who exposed exposed to the ultra magnetic emission from the cell-phones.

-- In September 2002, Levi Strauss announced the launch of a new Dockers' model with anti-radiation-lined pockets, prompted by customers' concerns about the possible health risks of mobile phone use.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 21, 2007

Isabodywear underwear fends off cellphone radiation

I don't know but it's been a while since my penis got a phonecall.

If you thought donning tin foil caps was excessive, Isabodywear is out to make those contraptions looks mighty mild. While the debate about just how dangerous (or not) cellphone radiation is still rages on, there's certainly a paranoid sect that will snap up anything that claims to "protect them," and this Swiss garb maker is latching onto said opportunity.

Yes, we all exploit the crazy people. I mean, how else can you explain the success of Pokemon?

The briefs are purportedly constructed with threads made of silver, which the company claims will fend off harmful cellphone radiation; moreover, in an effort to really prove just how effective these undergarments are, it suggests that phone calls originated within the confines of your new underwear simply won't connect.

Well that's no good. What if I'm away and I leave my testicles in charge of taking messages?

Reportedly, 4,000 pairs have been created so far, and for folks willing to give these a try and fill out a survey, the first 500 of you to email in and request one will seemingly have one sent out gratis.

A free pair of cellphone radiation blocking underwear? That would go perfect with my radiowave-jamming baseball cap.

Edited by alocispepraluger102