Vision Fest, NYC, June 19-24

The best deal downtown is the Washington Squre hotel. Small rooms, but it's a nice place in a great neighborhood and about a 20 min walk from the venue. You can get a room for around $180/night, which is about as good as it gets in Manhattan. Don't spread the word - if it gets out the price will go up, and this is where I send all my guests.

Try this website:

www.quickbook.com

Thanks for the site. My hope was that someone (such as J. Larson did) would let me know of the perfect little traveler's place near the Festival venue.

The kind of places I like to stay at when traveling are usually best known by locals. The last time I was in NYC I stayed at a well located place in a small, clean room that cost me $79/night. It has since been converted to a "boutique hotel" where rooms start at $350!

I may very well plan to attend the Vision Festival next year, in which case I will get on the hunt much sooner- though the first place recommended in this thread sounds like a very nice "splurge".

Rupe