Paul Desmond

Peter Friedman

Not sure if there has been a thread on this CD? It is a previously unissued quartet session that features Desmond with Ed Bickert, Don Thompson, and Jerry Fuller. Some may resist because it is on the Gambit label. The music is, in my view outstanding. Desmond plays beautifully, and the 3 Canadians are also excellent.

To top things off, the audio quality if first class.

This CD gets my strongest recommendation. Those who are fans of Paul Desmond won't want to be without it.

I'll have to check this one out. There's a live recording with the same personnel on Telarc called Like Someone In Love. Desmond's solo on Tangerine and Things Ain't What They Used to Be are two of the best things he's ever done. But on the downside, the audience is pretty disrespectful and talks thoughout the set (most noticably during the bass solos) and the clattering of silverware and dishes is pretty annoying. I'd love to hear the same band in a better setting.

I'll have to check this one out. There's a live recording with the same personnel on Telarc called Like Someone In Love. Desmond's solo on Tangerine and Things Ain't What They Used to Be are two of the best things he's ever done. But on the downside, the audience is pretty disrespectful and talks thoughout the set (most noticably during the bass solos) and the clattering of silverware and dishes is pretty annoying. I'd love to hear the same band in a better setting.

Are you aware of this CD?

The only on-line sample I could find was at worldsrecords.com

http://www.worldsrecords.com/catalog/mar08-6.html

and keep scrolling down.

Even this short sample gives an indication that the sound quality is superb. The whole package looks very interesting.

I actually saw this one in a local CD store the other day at an inflated price. So I'll buy it on-line at a better price.

Oh man, that sounds like just what I was looking for. That one's going on the must-get list.

Oh man, that sounds like just what I was looking for. That one's going on the must-get list.

BMG and yourmusic.com have it, if that helps.