Album Covers created by famous artists!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm surprised no one has yet offered any of the incredible album covers created by jim flora,

whose work also adorned countless magazine covers and other commerical art venues.

here are just a few of my favorite flora covers:

louis-armstrong.jpg

bixtram.jpg

mambo-for-cats.jpg

along with an honorable mention for:

reptet_do-this.jpg^_^

Edited by robviti

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Joself Albers (1888-1976 - famous BAUHAUS artist, emigrated to the US after 1933):

25778673ej.jpg

I was given this record by a school buddy's father in my very early collecting days in about 1975/76 as he knew about my interest in 50s music and 50s records (and actually cleared out some of his unwanted stuff). Odd at first but interesting (and at times actually this latinized percussion stuff is interesting to listen to, particularly late at night ) ... and I had already been aware of the Bauhaus tradition so this has been part of the (small) "Misc. Music/Easy Listening" section of my collection ever since..

I'd known for some time there were more by Albers in the same vein (a selection were on show at the "Le Siècle du Jazz" jazz & modern art exhibition in Paris in the summer of 2009), and then, during my holidays in Southern France, two weeks ago I came across this one at a small Sunday-morning fleamarket in a small town that I passed trough (and stopped out of curiosity) for a measly 1 euro. How can you go wrong at that price ... ^_^

25778674hy.jpg