Giants of Jazz - The Bop Fathers

Durium

GIANTS OF JAZZ - THE BOP FATHERS

bop%20fathers%20cd.jpg

Most All-Star Bands are often founded by accident. Almost every dedicated jazz fan dreams about making his own all-star band; often day dreams, specially if he wants to select long gone jazz musicians. George Wein got that opportunity in 1971. He formed an all-star group of six, almost legendary bebop musicians, which made a two months world tour. Now all these musician play their part in the Heaven's al-Star Jazz Band above - I'm sure.

giants-london.jpg

Giants of Jazz

Keep swinging

Durium

GIANTS OF JAZZ - THE BOP FATHERS

bop%20fathers%20cd.jpg

Most All-Star Bands are often founded by accident. Almost every dedicated jazz fan dreams about making his own all-star band; often day dreams, specially if he wants to select long gone jazz musicians. George Wein got that opportunity in 1971. He formed an all-star group of six, almost legendary bebop musicians, which made a two months world tour. Now all these musician play their part in the Heaven's al-Star Jazz Band above - I'm sure.

giants-london.jpg

Giants of Jazz

Keep swinging

Durium

Nice to be reminded of them! I was at their concert at the Dominion, Tottenham Court Road, London in 1971.

Sometime in '74, I bought the Atlantic 2 LP set called "The Giants of Jazz". Still have it, actually. I bought it to hear Kai Winding on trombone, but it wound up being my introduction to bop and the other musicians on the record. Great stuff. Though it has a quite different cover, I presume it's the same as the Giants of Jazz set posted on Durium's site (though different from the Bop Fathers CD's).

Edited by John Tapscott