70s jimmy smith lp question

i had but traded a really interesting jimmy lp-- i think it was a demonstration lp for some kind of non hammond type organ///it was disco jimmy. i for the life of me cant remember the title but it was something like Jimmy demonstrates the SKE-50 or something of the sort......do any of you know what im talking about>? it had to be from the late 70s

• 2 weeks later...

i had but traded a really interesting jimmy lp-- i think it was a demonstration lp for some kind of non hammond type organ///it was disco jimmy. i for the life of me cant remember the title but it was something like Jimmy demonstrates the SKE-50 or something of the sort......do any of you know what im talking about>? it had to be from the late 70s

I think it was something like "Jimmy Smith plays the Wersi organ, but it was never available in Europe and I never heard it...

• 1 month later...

Michel was correct , the organ in question was a Wersi , a Saturn W 3 T to be precise . Recorded in 1980 , the LP was issued in the U.S. on Inner City and apparently also in Germany by the Wersi company themselves . Here's the Inner City cover :

Jimmy_Smith_Wersi_Saturn_W_3_T.jpg

Currently available on this Laserlight CD :

41H328P33SL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

• 1 year later...

ok, just so were all on the same page, this is by all means NOT the lp i had--- the lp i had was a DEMONSTRATION lp with a white cover depiticting JUST the organ- no jimmy

This LP is for sale on ebay germany. Follow this link http://cgi.ebay.de/LP-JIMMY-SMITH-The-Cat-Strikes-Again-Wersi-1980-Germany-/140459127725?pt=B%C3%BCcher_Unterhaltung_Music_CDs&hash=item20b40433ad to see a facsimile of the cover as well as the programm played. Published in 1980 by Wersi.

It is not clear whether the text has been written by Jimmy himself : I think it is doubtful, the writer explains he plays an organ for 25 years but is limited in his range of expression even when using the full potential of the instrument; now that he plays a Wersi, he has many more possibilities for embellishment and will be able to play Jimmy smith sounds etc...can't really be from the master of the HAMMOND.

Edited by michel devos