The Lydian Chromatic Concept of Tonal Organization For Improvisation

Hello all,

In preparation for a car boot sale, I found a copy of the above-titled book in my attic. It belonged to my dad, who was a musician. It's softback, spiral-bound. I'm pretty sure it could be an original 1959 edition, as my dad had inscribed the inside cover with an address he left in 1960.

It's not in great shape, as you'd expect from something nearly 50 years old; it's a bit foxed (I believe that's the technical term) and the binding needs replacing. It also contains a couple of loose charts and what looks like some kind of cribsheet/slide rule.

I'm not a musician and it's not brimming with sentimental value (I have other stuff for that), so I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with what to do with it.

Thanks for looking

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

In preparation for a car boot sale, I found a copy of the above-titled book in my attic. It belonged to my dad, who was a musician. It's softback, spiral-bound. I'm pretty sure it could be an original 1959 edition, as my dad had inscribed the inside cover with an address he left in 1960.

It's not in great shape, as you'd expect from something nearly 50 years old; it's a bit foxed (I believe that's the technical term) and the binding needs replacing. It also contains a couple of loose charts and what looks like some kind of cribsheet/slide rule.

I'm not a musician and it's not brimming with sentimental value (I have other stuff for that), so I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with what to do with it.

Thanks for looking

Richard

Really?? I've never seen a copy, so I'd quite like to buy that, if it's going and it's not too much trouble... Would that be okay?

C.