KING CRIMSON: In The Court Of The Crimson King

Guest Chaney

As people are no doubt wondering...

Yes, but what's Manny's opinion?

From the DMG Newsletter:

KING CRIMSON [MICHAEL GILES/ROBERT FRIPP/IAN McDONALD/GREG LAKE/PETER SINFIELD] - In The Court Of The Crimson King (DGM/Inner Knot)

FINALLY! The first CD edition mastered from the ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES, which were lost, feared stolen, for over 30 years.

The very first album from 1969 and one of the absolute classics of Rock/Art Rock/Symphonic Rock music! The line-up of Robert Fripp guitar and mellotron; Ian McDonald sax, flute, and mellotron; Greg Lake bass and vocal; Michael Giles drums and lyricist Pete Sinfield only lasted one year, but they blew all preconceptions away when they created a new language for themselves using a meld (not a pastiche!) of Classical, Heavy Metal, Free Jazz and Improv in a single new form. For all adventurous listeners, no matter your taste - it still sounds stunning today over 3 decades later - even more so now that high-end [freq.] cymbal work and other overtones can be heard on both channels!

"Started me on the road to EVERYTHING I listen to now, 35 years later: Free/avant jazz, contemporary classical, noise, thrash, et al. My First Choice for a compact space travel library ..but if you know me you knew that! [though the age of i-pod has lessened the effect of hard choices]. Googleplex Thumbs Up!" - MannyLunch