Purchase large cover reproductions ...

Have a look at this site:

Jazzcover.de

It seems to be the site of A Berlin/Germany gallery which sells (Blue Note and other) cover reproductions (painted or printed, large size, big enough to look great in any hallway or room) by a German artist.

Click on "English" top right of the pop-up window to read the text.

Click on the image band at the bottom for photos.

Man, I would like this guy to make me some of my fave covers ... which he apparently does.

Then again, a printshop in Germany offers the possibility to print large canvas reproductions from Photoshop scans/artwork from about 150 Dollars upwards.

I'll let you know what they answer. Have sent a mail to find out about prices, etc.

Cheers!

Edited by deus62

More:

Apparently they are hand-painted (which would probably result in a stiff price) - if you look at the close-up shots, it is clearly visible. Still, I like 'em. A lot.

But, I'm a bit sceptical. The above mentioned printshop offers exactly those kinds of reproductions. You scan something at at about 3000 * 3000 pixels (or bigger), retouch or do other work on it, and they will print it for you on canvas (gives it an oil painting look; sizes between 50 cm and 1 meter 50, as far as I recall; laquer finish and all). Somehow I can't shake the feeling that one could do the same kind of thing a lot cheaper that way.

Cheers!

Edited by deus62

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of years ago I made twenty 100x100cm screen prints of Wayne Shorter's "The All Seeing Eye" that I gave away as presents (5 colors, full tone).

If several people are interested in the same reproduction, screen prints would be a nice option to share costs (not talking about a four-color raster reproduction).

Edited by rockefeller center

A couple of years ago I made twenty 100x100cm screen prints of Wayne Shorter's "The All Seeing Eye" that I gave away as presents (5 colors, full tone).

If several people are interested in the same reproduction, screen prints would be a nice option to share costs (not talking about a cmyk raster reproduction).

Any guess as to what the costs might be?? Even just ballpark figures would be helpful. Maybe assume that somewhere around 5 of us would be interested in that particular cover (5 at most seems reasonable). Or if the cost is relatively inexpensive, maybe 10 people??

If several people are interested in the same reproduction, screen prints would be a nice option to share costs (not talking about a cmyk raster reproduction).

Any guess as to what the costs might be?? Even just ballpark figures would be helpful. Maybe assume that somewhere around 5 of us would be interested in that particular cover (5 at most seems reasonable). Or if the cost is relatively inexpensive, maybe 10 people??

Whether an edition is 5 sheets or 50 sheets doesn't make much of a difference. In fact, the more people interested, the less expensive it would be for everyone involved. I'll give the printing factory I worked for a call and ask about prices.

Perhaps copyright issues shouldn't be ignored...