Tor Lundvall - "Sleeping and Hiding" (limited to 500 LPs)

Kevin Bresnahan

I was searching the web for something about Bruce Lundvall a few months back and I tripped over his son Tor's website. It turns out that Tor is not only an artist, doing artwork for several CDs, including Miles Davis's "The Blue Note and Capitol Recordings", but he's also a musician. His music would best be described as dark ambient music. Truth be told, I like it. I find it extremely relaxing. When I looked around his website, I found that he was putting out some vinyl in limited quantities.

Yesterday, I got in "Sleeping and Hiding" and two 7" singles, "Evening / Leaves" and "Winter Song / The Watchers". All 3 are excellent. If you like this style of music, they're well worth picking up. With only 500 copies, it might sell out pretty fast so if you like it, order it now.

There's a sample from "Sleeping and Hiding" at http://www.myspace.com/daisrecords.

Later,

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

• 2 years later...

Yesterday, I received one of the last remaining copies (500 total) of Tor's retrospective box set called "The Seasons Unfold". This is box set contains 3 out of print CDs ("Ice", The Mist" & "Under the Shadows of Trees") with bonus tracks as well as an unissued disc called "Turning". I bought it directly from Tor so he included an oil study painting that he did as he listened to some of the music in the box. Tor definitely fits the description of a true artist.

If you're looking for some relaxing ambient sounds to spin while you work, check out some of the videos on youtube.com