Rahsaan Roland Kirk-Bright Moments Affordable at Surprising Place

Hot Ptah

I decided that I did not want to listen any more to the pops and surface noise in my vinyl copy of Rahsaan Roland Kirk's "Bright Moments" set, and that I would get the CD version.

I was surprised to find that it is out of print in CD, and that the CDs command high prices on Amazon.com and ebay.com, from a low of $35, to $85 and over.

However, I found a new CD copy for under $15 online from........WALMART!

I like to patronize local, independently owned businesses instead of Walmart, but there is no local, independently owned business in my town with Bright Moments in stock.

The Walmart online site has a decent jazz inventory, overall.

Don't get your hopes up. I'll be shocked if you actually receive it. Walmart is notorious for listing OOP CDs as available and will accept your order and then later send you an email informing you the item is no longer available............

- Don

I decided that I did not want to listen any more to the pops and surface noise in my vinyl copy of Rahsaan Roland Kirk's "Bright Moments" set, and that I would get the CD version.

I was surprised to find that it is out of print in CD, and that the CDs command high prices on Amazon.com and ebay.com, from a low of $35, to $85 and over.

However, I found a new CD copy for under $15 online from........WALMART!

I like to patronize local, independently owned businesses instead of Walmart, but there is no local, independently owned business in my town with Bright Moments in stock.

The Walmart online site has a decent jazz inventory, overall.

Incredible! Good thing I'm not a betting man.

I'm actually quite glad for you.

Hmmmm... I wonder if they happen to have a spare copy of the Shorty Rogers Mosaic set on CD???

Well jazzydaddy, prepare to be shocked.

I received my copy of Kirk's "Bright Moments" CD today in the mail--TWO DAYS after I placed my online order with Wal Mart.

The first side of Bright Moments has long been a favorite. And that tenor version of If I Loved You is a tour de force.

It would be great if there were tapes of the whole engagement and a Roland Kirk at the Keystone Korner box set, but I guess that's fat chance at this point.