Ebay 321 LPs Lots of Funky Jazz/Rare Groove at $3.99

jaybreezie

Nowt there for me, but there are some goodies in this if anyone wants to know what I think...

Willis Jackson - Headed and gutted - Muse, with Pat Martino. The best thing in the auction. Worth whatever you have to pay, I kid you not.

Gene Ammons - Big bad Jug - Prestige. You can pick this up on a twofer CD but a bit of the other LP on the CD is pretty poor. But this LP is great all through.

Johnny Hammond Smiff - Higher ground - Kudu. Some great Joe Henderson and Hank Crawford on this.

Charlie Brown - Why is everybody always pickin' on me - Contact. A Flying Dutchman subsidiary label. Brown was part of Bernard Purdie's band at the time and a lovely player. This is a really nice album.

Funk Inc - Hangin' out - Prestige. You can get this on an Ace twofer (maybe). But this in my view was Funk Inc's best LP.

Pharoah Sanders - Oh lord, let me do no wrong - Signature. One of my favourite Sanders albums. Some heavy blues playing and singing from Leon here.

JB - Popcorn - King. A lovely instrumental LP.

MG

Hey, thanks for the extra hype MG! I usually write little descriptions for most of the LP's I put up, but didn't have time this round, so the recommendations are much appreciated!

For my two cents, I've been really digging that Don Cherry - Brown Rice LP. Great all the way through and usually pretty affordable. The spacey, kind of mystical dancefloor groove on the title track is worth the price alone.

The Art Fletcher - Solomon Grundy's Sunday is really great too. Really mellow, soulful record on a tiny local label that seems to still be floating under the radar.

Bobby Hutcherson - Now looks like it might go for cheap too. I love Eugene McDaniels' vocals on that one!