Problem with CD layer playback

Big Wheel

I just popped in James Carter's new one, "Gardenias," which is a hybrid SACD, into my computer CD drive. This is a CD/DVD-ROM combo player that I think is an NEC DV-5700A model, if I'm reading the Windows Device Manager correctly. Anyway, the CD won't play. When I click on "play CD" in Winamp, only 1 track comes up, it's exactly a minute long, and...it won't play. Searching for the tracks in My Computer brings up nothing, except that the CD apparently contains 1.99 GB of data. Anyone know what the problem is here?

There are known problems with hybrid SACDs and some DVD players as well as some computer DVD drives.

None of my hybrid SACDs can be read by the Pioneer DVD drive of my PC. I can only play them in the CD writer drive.

I don't think this can be fixed, if you have such a problematic drive.

I've encountered another problem with SACD's by the label Chandos. They give a very loud and nasty clicking/noisy sound at the end of the program. It's after the music is finished and much louder than the music was so the first time I encountered it my heart skipped some beats I can tell you.

They say it has something to do with the Sony player and the manufacturing which is very strange because all the other SACD's I have don't have this problem.

Anyway Chandos is working on it.......

Keep you posted on this and cheers,

Reinier