Who is playing?

chazzer95

Hello,

could someone please tell me who is playing here? I thought of George Shearing with Brian Torff at first, but these guys here have more groove. Ray Brown could be the bass player.

Please listen here, and then tell me who's playing what:

Unknown duo of piano & bass

Thanks,

Saxpet

Edited by Saxpet

I would definitely agree with your guess of Ray Brown. No idea who the pianist is, though.

I looked up the song (Here, There and Everywhere) on ASCAP's web site, and among the artists who had recorded it was pianist David Benoit. A search through Benoit's many albums on his website and on AMG did not pinpoint which recotd it's on, but this could possibly be him.

I would definitely agree with your guess of Ray Brown. No idea who the pianist is, though.

I looked up the song (Here, There and Everywhere) on ASCAP's web site, and among the artists who had recorded it was pianist David Benoit. A search through Benoit's many albums on his website and on AMG did not pinpoint which recotd it's on, but this could possibly be him.

Thanks so far for your answers. Okay, I know the song title now, but it is not David Benoit. I checked it here:

http://www.lastfm.de/music/David+Benoit/_/...+and+Everywhere

The pianist at my uploaded recording sounds a bit like a disciple of Oscar Peterson. Monty Alexander perhaps? George Shearing played it as a solo ballad on his album "Out Of This World" (1970) ----> http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...10:kxfpxqygld0e

Saxpet

Edited by Saxpet

George Shearing played it as a solo ballad on his album "Out Of This World" (1970)

He also recorded the tune in a duet with bassist Andy Simpkins on an MPS album called , The Many Facets Of George Shearing . This may well be it , but I don't have the album to confirm it .

George Shearing played it as a solo ballad on his album "Out Of This World" (1970)

He also recorded the tune in a duet with bassist Andy Simpkins on an MPS album called , The Many Facets Of George Shearing . This may well be it , but I don't have the album to confirm it .

So, that could be the one. Thanks, Chas. I will look for the LP.

... and the more I listen to this track, the more I'm convinced that it IS indeed George Shearing. I ordered the LP yesterday. I found it neither at amazon nor eBay, and I guess it has not been issued on CD yet.

I wished though, it had another cover. Not this here ...

15062315.jpg

... rather this one:

Shearing_Latin_Lace.jpg

:crazy:

Edited by Saxpet

• 2 weeks later...