Abe Lagrimas, Jr. - "Ukulele Vibes"

passoutrecords

Pass Out Records New CD Release - A Musical Odd Couple: Ukulele and Vibraphone

Musician Abe Lagrimas, Jr. fuses these unique and oftentimes misunderstood instruments to create lush, beautiful, music for fans of the ukulele, jazz, or anything unique.

For Immediate Release

It’s an unusual pairing: the ukulele and the vibraphone. On their own, some see the ukulele as a light and simple instrument, while the sight of a vibraphone’s heavy set and metal bars may intimidate others. Abe Lagrimas, Jr.’s second ukulele album release, “Ukulele Vibes”, is an ambitious musical partnership exploring the inner voices of these fine and misunderstood instruments.

Stripped-down and recorded in an intimate duo-style setting, Abe’s original compositions range from playful (Cookies & Ice Cream, Baby Drool) to romantic (Like Two In Love, As Time Stood Still) to intense (The Search, Summer Heat) with room to breathe in between (Sightings, Desolation, Everpresent).

Abe’s jazz influence is beautifully crafted in every song’s harmonic and melodic arrangement. The improvised solos are musically tasteful, giving the listener a chance to hear each instrument speak its mind in the heat of the moment.

“Ukulele Vibes” is sure to be a favorite for fans of the ukulele, jazz music or anyone searching for something new and invigorating. As Abe puts it, “I’m primarily known as a drummer, so it’s very refreshing to hear music without drums or percussion. I found that composing on a string and chordal instrument, like the ukulele and vibraphone, gave me the creative freedom to explore new soundscapes. So please, sit back and enjoy my ukulele vibes.”

Please visit Abe's Official Website: http://www.abelagrimasjr.com