HEATWAVE/Johnnie Wilder.....incredible one, two punch

Jazz Vinyl

Twin falsetto's, funk organ, shimmering hi-hat's, masterful hook heavy soul songs written by Off The Wall mastermind...Heatwave first 2 records changed my life. Produced by mystery man Barry Blue those 2 records (Too Hot To Handle & Central Heating) had a sound of their own, the cymbals danced between left and right channels.

There was some smokin' early footage of the band on YouTube. It showed the band at their start - maybe 1976. Lead vocalist Johnny Wilder's showmanship energy was amazing. During Too Hot To Handle he's climbing on speakers, bumping and riding on the shoulders on fellow band mates, singing, twirling the mike....working it hard. It seems to have been removed, I sure hope that footage returns.

The band was horribly snake bitten. If you want to get bummed out Google Johnnie Wilder to learn what happen as the band was at peak popularity.

Nearly 10 releases, my top 5 tracks come from those first 2 incredible releases:

Lay It On Me

Too Hot To Handle

Happiness Togetherness

Mind Blowing Decisions

Sho Nuff Must Be Luv

Any other fans (JSngry?), I would love to see your favorite picks.

http://stores.ebay.com/wattsjazz?refid=store

Edited by Jazz Vinyl