Bob Brookmeyer & Bud Shank/Bob Cooper

The mailman, braving the rain, delivered this afternoon a package that had been eagerly awaited ...

Bob Brookmeyer .... Mosaic Select 9 ... #0381

Bud Shank and Bob Cooper ... Mosaic Select 10 .. #0087

I immediately started with the Brookmeyer, eager to hear the sound of the Quartet album after having listened to my original 1953 10" vinyl version for all these years. The result.. SUPERB remastering my Ron McMasters .... you can actually hear a few grunts from John Williams which I had certainly never heard before on the vinyl. (Williams is wonderfully percussive on this set, sounding more like Russ Freeman at times). The "Streetswingers" album is playing as I write this ..... one of my favorite Pacific Jazz albums.

I am an "old guy" and have been collecting jazz, west coast and bop, since 1952, so this stuff is not new to me. Having disposed of my my 9,000 vinyl albums a couple of years ago, it is wonderful to have this material available again in such great audio fidelity.

Way to go Mosaic!

Garth,

Houston.

• 1 month later...

Make that three of us from Houston on here! This is only my 6th post though.

A number of Mosaic Selects are calling me, and this is one of them (Brookmeyer, that is).

I can't seem to get the sound clips to play on the Mosaic site -- is there a trick to this? I'm using Windows 98 (still).

Edited by tatifan

Sometimes, when I try the higher-bit samples from the Mosaic page, nothing happens. Have you tried using the lower-bit samples?

When I can't get the higher-bit samples to work I can, at times, get the the lower-bit samples to play. I don't believe it's my connection since I'm using a broadband connection to the internet.