Holiday albums by regional jazz artists

colllin

It's not too hard to find jazz holiday albums by the big names, although there aren't a lot of big names who put out holiday albums. When artists who aren't well known outside of the region they live and gig in put out holiday albums, they are hard to track down via the normal search methods. Please recommend albums from people in your neck of the woods or others you have gotten to known. If you have links for purchasing the music, that would be nice too. Thanks!

It's not too hard to find jazz holiday albums by the big names, although there aren't a lot of big names who put out holiday albums. When artists who aren't well known outside of the region they live and gig in put out holiday albums, they are hard to track down via the normal search methods. Please recommend albums from people in your neck of the woods or others you have gotten to known. If you have links for purchasing the music, that would be nice too. Thanks!

Highly recommended from this Indiana-based big band:

41qap3%2BjIEL._SS500_.jpg

Amazon link:

Buselli-Wallarab Jazz Orchestra CAROL OF THE BELLS

I'm going to see their annual holiday show at the Jazz Kitchen in Indy early next month.

The great bassist Ben Tucker ("Comin' Home, Baby,") has lived in Savannah, Georgia for years. I knew that he had a Christmas album out, so I just looked for it on Amazon, and found that it was available from various vendors at prices ranging from 24 cents to 68 dollars! I've never heard it, so I just ordered one of the 24 cent copies. Anyway, it's here.