Going to Atlanta for a day

I'm coming to Atlanta on Wednesday. Are there any good CD shops between the airport and Stone Mountain to check out before my flight leaves that night?

Not Really! ;) Right outside of the airport area, is well, nothing! No cd stores of any kind. I guess it depends how much time you have, and how far you want to go. Wuxtry has a fair bit of vinyl jazz, not cheap...I think a few months back they had the Tina Brooks Mosaic on lp, but you could get it cheaper on ebay....they have cds of course, you have to flip thru booklets, they don't have room for the cds in their racks.... here is a link to them http://www.wuxtryrecords.com/main.html

Tower records in Buckhead (3232 peachtree road) has some cool jazz cds in their used cd section ...cd Merchants a few miles away (3655 Roswell Road) has a pretty nice selection as well. But I don't know if any are worth going way out of your way for, you might find one or 2 cds, but if you were hoping to walk out with fistfuls of cds, you might be disappointed...if Vinyl is a big deal to you, it might be worth it of course...tower is even getting into vinyl, more rock than jazz, but it is growing....why did you mention Stone Mountain, anyway??? There is a wherehouse that is not going out of business there, and a Borders, a Media play, and thats about it...sorry!

Edited by BERIGAN

Well, I won't have too much time after my meeting in Stone Mountain. I thought I heard Tower closed down there. If not, I may swing by there for kicks. Just something to pass the time until my flight leaves!

Al, you are correct in that the Tower Closed down at its old location, it is now a mile south on Peachtree in a strip mall(I am sure Buckhead folks would hate me calling it a strip mall! ;) ) with a LA fitness....its a bigger store than before, but mainly for the used stuff....pretty cool....