soundtrack of "local hero"

manfred

dear friends,

can you help me with the soundtrack of local hero, one of my favourite movies?

there is a song, victor`s song, called "lone star man", and i cannot find out, whether it`s a traditional

or not, who is the composer, on which cd it is published and so on...

it`s not on the soundtrack-album, and in other forums i could not get an answer,nor did i find

an answer by googling etc. etc. - so you are my last help!!!!

dear friends,

there is a song, victor`s song, called "lone star man", and i cannot find out, whether it`s a traditional

it`s not on the soundtrack-album, and in other forums i could not get an answer,nor did i find

Tough one.

ASCAP's got nothing.

I checked the Library of Congress site and there's no mention. However, apparently there was a book...

Local hero : the making of the film / by Allan Hunter and Mark Astaire.

Perhaps you could contact the authors and see if they have any insight.

Great song from a great movie. One of my top three movies of all time (subjectively speaking).

Good luck. I'll be interested to hear what the answer is.

P.S. Mods, I accidentally hit the Report button instead of Reply. I backed out of the screen, but in case it pops up an alert anyways, well, now you know it was an accident.

Edited by Chicago Expat

dear friends,

Tough one.

ASCAP's got nothing.

I checked the Library of Congress site and there's no mention. However, apparently there was a book...

Local hero : the making of the film / by Allan Hunter and Mark Astaire.

Perhaps you could contact the authors and see if they have any insight.

Great song from a great movie. One of my top three movies of all time (subjectively speaking).

Good luck. I'll be interested to hear what the answer is.

P.S. Mods, I accidentally hit the Report button instead of Reply. I backed out of the screen, but in case it pops up an alert anyways, well, now you know it was an accident.

thank you, chicago expat, i love this movie since twenty years, watched it last night with a Talisker Whiskey, until my wife asked me get

this song, as "you always find every song for me, darling" ;-)) ......well, now i have to defend my credit, glory and fame.....

and lightheaded and reckles i promised, that someone on "my allmighty and omnipotent forum" will find the answer...

now "i have the salad", as we would call it in german....

...got an info from a movie-forum

someone says, the song is based on Hank Locklin`s country song "Send me the pillow that you dream on"

well, seems to be a bit similar,

what do you think?

I saw that discussion group earlier. There was some talk about the movie producers borrowing the melody so as to avoid copyright, etc. I couldn't get a read from those posts if it was idle speculation or the straight dope. My first inclination was to keep looking for a better lead.