Drummer Mike Melito releases new CD THE RIGHT TIME

cymbalgroove

I just released my fifth CD as a leader called THE RIGHT TIME. It's a hardbop record and It features me on drums, John Marshall on trumpet, Frank Basile on baritone saxophone, Neal Miner bass, Bob Sneider guitar and Dino Losito on piano. The album features seldom heard tunes by Sonny Clark, Gigi Gryce, John Coltrane as well as a few originals. You can find it here http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mikemelito check it out.

• 1 month later...

I just got this release in the mail yesterday. I have listened to about half so far and its a winner. I became aware of this date in another thread where Mike mentioned he was using Frank Basile on his next date, I am a nut for baritone and Frank does not disappoint. I'll be keeping an eye out for more by him. Good choice of tunes and a real group feel here.

I just got this release in the mail yesterday. I have listened to about half so far and its a winner. I became aware of this date in another thread where Mike mentioned he was using Frank Basile on his next date, I am a nut for baritone and Frank does not disappoint. I'll be keeping an eye out for more by him. Good choice of tunes and a real group feel here.

Thanks so much Tom. Frank Basile is a great player for sure. He is also a great guy as well. Thanks again for the support.