Matt Nowlin Jazz Orchestra in vinyl

Durium

good%2Bnews%2Blp%2Bcover.jpg

I was surprised to learn that the Matt Nowlin Orchestra had released its first LP-album entitled The Good News. Nowadays LP-issues seem to be just for a select audience, but the band didn't stagnate; it

keeps up with the times as the music can also obtained as a download.

DSC_0801.JPG

Although the way this music was recorded was based on early stereo recordings of the 1950s and '60s, the band doesn't copy the big band

music of that period - they do not recreate the idea of what jazz used to sound like or should still sound like. Matt Nowlin did a good job composing and arranging this music; that band just swings.

Matt Nowlin Jazz Orchestra

Durium

I was poking around on Nowlin's site a couple weeks back, listening to music from The Good News and stuff from his side-projects and that of his friends. I thought Good News wasn't bad, will likely revisit it later to see if it connects with me a bit more.

I do like that he did vinyl option, too. I think he did that through a Kickstarter project, but I could be misremembering that.

I'm glad to see a thread for this. I think people will be interested.

Cheers.