Wardell Gray Transcription

scooby

Scooby - I love that transcription of Wardell's Pennies From Heaven, thanks for doing those - a lot of very classic bebop moves. Only suggestion I would make is at the beginning (and I think in a few other places) is that instead of an eighth rest and two sixteenths, you use an eighth note triplet with the first note of the triplet deleted - to me that's closer to the feel on a figure like that -

Edited by AllenLowe

Scooby - I love that transcription of Wardell's Pennies From Heaven, thanks for doing those - a lot of very classic bebop moves. Only suggestion I would make is at the beginning (and I think in a few other places) is that instead of an eighth rest and two sixteenths, you use an eighth note triplet with the first note of the triplet deleted - to me that's closer to the feel on a figure like that -

Allen,

Thanks for checking out the transcription and for your comments. Rhythmic notation can be the most challenging part of transcription. I often go back and forth trying to decide what written rhythm best captures what was played. In the end, the recording is the final authority -- playing along with the recorded track to capture the rhythmic, phrasing, articulation, etc. nuaunces.

- Scooby