'The Kingdom' (Denmark)

So while watching the Sugar Bowl a couple of weeks ago we noticed a commercial for an upcoming mini-series produced by Stephen King called Kingdom Hospital. A number of us scrateched our heads and someone finally said "are they remaking the Lars Von Trier series for Amercian TV?" Most of us in the room were Von Trier fans but I had not seen the original series before. That said, I began watching the original The Kingdom on Sunday and......wow! I can't believe that this thing was EVER on network TV. I mean it's really strange. Described by AMG as a fusion of ER and Twin Peaks, though I would argue that it's much creepier than that.

Anyways, have any of the rest of you seen this show?

v29347qulsx.jpg

Edited by Brandon Burke

Just finished the first season tonight. Good lord, man. I don't even know where to begin......

[Post-script]

Just so you know, I'm telling you that this show is amazing and intense and all that but I'm not telling you go go out and rent it tonight. I don't know about you but, whenever someone tells me to go rent something that turns out to be this unsettling, my response is usually "oooooookay....buddy." So, that having been said, it's very good and I'm glad that I stuck with it but I'm certain I'll never watch it again. In fact, it'll be a while before I'm ready for the season #2.

Edited by Brandon Burke

Brandon: Where did you get ahold of that ... I belong to Netflix (the Internet DVD rental thing) and they don't seem to have it.

Dunno. My thoughts are that it's either out of print or not something Netflix is particularly worried about carrying. Either way, somebody issued it as a Region 1 DVD at some point because our local video store has it.

Also......check the IFC schedule. My buddy taped the entire first season off of IFC a year or so ago and, seeing as ABC is about to air the remake, they might show it again. Who knows?

Edited by Brandon Burke