Crime Novels

Rick Lopez of Erie was cleaning house, sent out a note about "free" books. Who wouldn't? I did. This one, "Final Score," came with a bunch of others. Grogan wrote "Ringolevio," too, which I hadn't heard of or read but now feel I must. Are you hip to this author? Ever read "Final Score"?

The library is digging up Ringolevio for me to read: apparently Ringolevio is a type of tag game played on the streets of New York.

"Final Score" is staying with me: quick, terse, consice writing; effective noire metaphore and similie, and a plot that's actually more effective, emotionally and evocatively, than the movie "Heat," which this story is in the most general way similar to.

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/emmett-grogan/final-score/#review

Edited by Lazaro Vega

• 3 weeks later...

From Wiki: "He wrote in Ringolevio that he had traveled to Europe to escape the Mafia and lived there for several years; in reality, after high school in Brooklyn, he attended Duke University for one year before moving to San Francisco."

He did, however, live in Italy for a time. There are plenty of photos of him hanging out there, and in Ireland.