Wolfgang Lackerschmid

Bright Moments

I worked with Wolfgang when I was living in Munich. We played some duo things at a little club called Jenny's Place. He also is a drummer btw. And not a bad one either!

I believe he is still living in Bavaria. He is quite a producer as well. He has organized all star bands many times. He also teaches a lot.

I had the chance to join in on one of these bands at a festival in the mid-80s. He had Santo DiBriani (sp?), Billy Hart, Kenny Wheeler and a couple of other guys whose names escape me at the moment.

It was an honor to stand next to Mr Wheeler. This is off topic I know, but I consider him to be one of the best brass improvising artists ever. Amazing control and a phenomenal ear.

I exchanged emails with Wolfgang awhile back. If there is anything you want to know, please pass it on and I will send it to him.

Greg

I saw him with Chet Baker in early spring 1980 in Vienna at "Wiener Jazzfrühling". That was a great 3 days festival with huge stars, besides Chet Baker we had Griffin, Dexter, Max Roach, McCoy Tyner, Sun Ra and others.

As much as I remember, Lackerschmied didn´t play the whole set. After a few numbers Chet introduced him on stage. Lackerschmied played some duos with Chet, and some stuff with the pianist and the bassist. Great music of course.

On another occasion, there was a strange setting with Baker, Lackerschmied, Larry Coryell and Alphonse Mouzon. I heard Mouzon on other occasions with his electric band and wondered how he might fit together with Chet, who played almost all concerts, club dates without drums.

On another occasion, there was a strange setting with Baker, Lackerschmied, Larry Coryell and Alphonse Mouzon. I heard Mouzon on other occasions with his electric band and wondered how he might fit together with Chet, who played almost all concerts, club dates without drums.

It is hard for to me imagine Alphonse Mouzon with Chet Baker!

Got a turntable? Don't know what albums you are looking for but I have this one on LP. If you are interested, let me know.

51eKM-0ChUL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

that's the one I really want to hear! too damn expensive!!! and no turntable. sigh! :(

I worked with Wolfgang when I was living in Munich. We played some duo things at a little club called Jenny's Place. He also is a drummer btw. And not a bad one either!

I believe he is still living in Bavaria. He is quite a producer as well. He has organized all star bands many times. He also teaches a lot.

I had the chance to join in on one of these bands at a festival in the mid-80s. He had Santo DiBriani (sp?), Billy Hart, Kenny Wheeler and a couple of other guys whose names escape me at the moment.

It was an honor to stand next to Mr Wheeler. This is off topic I know, but I consider him to be one of the best brass improvising artists ever. Amazing control and a phenomenal ear.

I exchanged emails with Wolfgang awhile back. If there is anything you want to know, please pass it on and I will send it to him.

Greg

cool beans!!!!

:excited:

Got a turntable? Don't know what albums you are looking for but I have this one on LP. If you are interested, let me know.

51eKM-0ChUL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

that's the one I really want to hear! too damn expensive!!! and no turntable. sigh! :(

Greg

cool beans!!!!

:excited:

This is available on itunes according to Wolfgang

http://itunes.apple.com/de/album/featuring-larry-coryell-buster/id373819207