Blindfold Test length

jeffcrom

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, I don't won't to cut off discussion if folks have more to say or still want to vote, but something tells me that we're about done. Here's what I think - see if everyone can live with this:

I think that the fact that a majority of folks voted to limit the length of the BFT ought to count for something - but not too much. Only 14 people voted, which shows that those of us who are interested in the BFT constitute a minority on a minority-interest forum. Although 10 votes out of 14 is a majority, I'm not comfortable calling that a consensus.

And although I think that the folks who want to present longer BFTs ought to take a look at the 11 out of 14 votes saying that longer BFTs reduce the listeners' interest and enthusiasm, I think that their right to have a different approach to the BFT should be respected.

So I propose that the BFT Q & A thread be amended to say:

"It is suggested that you make your BFT no longer than the length of a CD - 80 minutes. Some listeners have stated that longer BFTs may reduce their interest in participating. You may make your BFT longer if you wish, but that increases the chances that participants may not listen to every selection."

Does that reflect the will of the majority while not imposing a hard and fast rule? Can everybody live with that?

That seems fine to me.